Formentera is a true island, as given the lack of an airport, the only access is via the sea. This makes arrivals on the island somewhat more complicated and expensive. However, the virtues of Formentera – its excellent state of preservation and tranquillity – are due in great measure to this very isolation.
Reaching Formentera starts from the island of Ibiza, which can be reached by air or sea from the various mainland ports: Valencia, Denia and Barcelona. The Balearic shipping line operates a direct connecting journey from Denia to Formentera in the peak season. Once in Ibiza, to reach the La Savina Port - the only entrance and exit to the island – there are various shipping lines that perform the journey every day of the week with different services depending on the season. Navigating between the Ports of Ibiza and La Savina takes around 35 minutes and the trajectory travels between the numerous islets located between both islands: Espalmador, Penjats, Malvins, Porcs…
Shipping lines that offer journeys to the island from the mainland and from Ibiza:
- Mediterránea Pitiusa: (+34) 971 32 24 43 | medpitiusa.net
- Trasmapi: (+34) 971 31 44 33 | (+34) 971 32 27 03 | trasmapi.com
- Baleària: (+34) 902 160 180 | (+34) 971 31 20 71 | balearia.net
- Aquabus: Ferry Ibiza Formentera Económico aquabusferryboats.com
- Sea taxi: Barco Salao: (+34) 609 84 71 16 | www.formenterawatertaxi.es
- Sea taxi: Taximar: (+34) 629158664 – (+34) 607188981 | www.taximar.es
- Próximo ferry: comprehensive maritime traffic information webpage between the ports of Ibiza and Formentera www.proximoferry.com.
- Acciona Transmediterránea: +34 902 45 46 45 | transmediterranea.es
- Fly & Vai Global Touristic Services: Offers shuttle bus services from the Ibiza airport to the port, boat tickets, accommodation, excursions, vehicle hire and special services. +34 629 585 917 |flyevai.com