The official Formentera tourism website is committed to sustainable, non-polluting and environmentally friendly transport. We especially recommend the use of the bicycle to move around the island, which, for the most part, is accessible and flat, and the use of public buses for longer or more tiring journeys, such as the climb to La Mola. By bicycle you can get to know the most authentic Formentera, the parts that cannot be seen from the road, and appreciate it from another perspective and at a different pace.
Metrominut Formentera, better by bike
With the aim of promoting mobility by bicycle the Consell Insular de Formentera has published this map which shows eight bicycle routes, near the port of la Sabina, indicating the distance and the time it usually takes to travel them.
Formentera has regular bus lines throughout the year, with increased frequency during the summer months. There is also a minibus adapted for people with special mobility needs. Timetables and details: Autocares Paya: +34 971 32 31 81 | www.busformentera.com
There is also a taxi service with stops in the port of La Savina and in all towns; one of the taxis is adapted for the disabled. There is also a private sea taxi service for boat trips between Ibiza and Formentera.
Es Pujols: +34 971 32 80 16 | Puerto de la Savina: +34 971 32 20 02 | San Francisco: +34 971 32 20 16 | Radio Taxi: +34 971 32 23 42
There are currently three companies with electric vehicles on the island of Formentera.
- EUROPCAR. In its office in Puerto de la Savina, it has 100% electric rental vehicles, an automatic compact car with zero polluting emissions. Teléfono: 971322031 | www.europcar.es
- COOLTRA. Company located in the port of La Savina, half of whose fleet of motorcycles is electric. Calle Almadrava 6 07860 La Savina, www.cooltra.com/es
- ESFORMENTERA.COM. Local company located on the first line of the Port of La Savina. Range of electric cars without emission of polluting gases. Tel: 971 800 229 | www.esformentera.com
Map of recharging points here.
PRIVATE PASSENGER TRANSPORT
- Pitüsa Sud: (+34) 971 32 90 33 · www.autocarespitiusasud.com
- Formentera Solbus: (+34) 971 32 31 81· autocarespaya.com
You can find various types of vehicles in the island’s establishments, many of which are located near the port.
- Barco Salao: (+34) 609 84 71 16 | www.formenterawatertaxi.es
- Taximar: 629158664 – 607188981 | www.taximar.es