Formentera is a privileged setting for outdoor activities. La Pitiusa Menor combines the beauty of its crystalline waters and thriving marine life, with the diversity of flora and fauna on a Mediterranean island that is different to the rest. Formentera offers a wide range of activities for all the ages, to enjoy in company or as a family. From the 32 Greenways open to enjoy on foot or by bike, to the popular Kayaking routes, where you can discover grottos and hidden caves near the coast. Of course, the excellent sub-marine surroundings are enough to satisfy even the most demanding divers, and will leave beginners speechless.
Many visitors hold Formentera as a benchmark destination for regular diving, kayaking or sailing practices. Both first dives and diving courses, as well as beginners courses for kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, optimist, laser or catamaran sailing, are reasonably priced and guarantee an experience to add to traditional sun, sea and sand holidays. Rent a boat (with or without a skipper) to reach extraordinarily beautiful parts of the island with otherwise difficult access, where you can go snorkelling. There are options for all tastes and budgets. All this comes with the firm knowledge that you will be following the strictest European regulations as a quality and safety guarantee.
For those that love land-based fun sporting activities, the island is the perfect size and gradient for walking or cycling in stages. Winding juniper forest routes, rural landscapes dotted with fig trees supported by dune systems with flourishing vegetation, salt marshes and wetlands that are ideal for bird watching, fascinatingly shaped cliff-faces, moulded by the wind and the sea… natural beauty, especially in spring and autumn, for walking, Nordic walking or running.
ACTIVE TOURISM CONTACTS
NAUTICAL ACTIVITIES AND TRIPS
- Náutica Pins: (+34) 971 32 26 51 | email@example.com | www.nauticapins.com
- Barco Salao: (+34) 609 84 71 16 | www.formenterawatertaxi.es
- Fast Ferrari: (+34) 699 43 80 85 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.fastferrari.com
- Centro Náutico La Savina: (+34) 971 32 32 32 | email@example.com | www.formenteracentronautico.com
- Isla Azul: (+34) 971 32 34 24 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helix Rent a Boat: (+34) 971 32 23 73 | email@example.com | www.helixrentaboat.com
- Barca Bahía: Contact: directly at the port dock
- Cruceros Formentera: (+34) 971 32 32 07 | firstname.lastname@example.org |www.crucerosformentera.com
- Chárter y Excursiones Ruben: (+34) 677 33 69 32 | email@example.com
- S'aigu: (+34) 607038581 | firstname.lastname@example.org |www.saiguformentera.com
- Sa Barca de Formentera: 634 57 79 32 | www.sabarcadeformentera.com
- Grupo Deportivo Espalmador: email@example.com | www.grupesportiuespalmador.org
- Escuelas Municipales Deportivas: (+34) 971321240 | emaf.cat
- Walking Formentera: 606 536 880 | www.walkingformentera.es
- Es boixets, horse-riding trips: +34 669 572 896 | firstname.lastname@example.org |www.rutasesboixets.com
- Can Marroig Interpretation Centre: (+34) 971 30 14 60 ext. 3 | email@example.com
More detailed information available in the Active Tourism Catalogue